Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who Needs That Bottled Stuff ???

So I already had some chicken marinating in the fridge that I planned on grilling later on that evening. I'm a big fan of bottled honey barbecue sauce, but I was fresh out. Not wanting to pack the kids in the car or have hubby stop on his way home from work just for BBQ sauce, I decided to whip some up myself. Good idea! It was totally DELISH! All I did was saute some chopped onions and garlic in a splash of olive oil until tender. I then added about a cup and a half of ketchup, a tablespoon of mustard, a 1/4 of a cup of dark brown sugar, a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce, a splash of hot sauce, a little garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper. I was out of honey, but if it was on hand I would have added it. I let it simmer slowly for about 20 minutes and brushed it on the chicken about 10 minutes before removing it from the grill. My family LOVED it. The kids were licking their fingers, and needless to say, they were looking for 2nd's. It was so good, I'm almost positive you could pour it atop of those buttermilk pancakes and use it as a dipping sauce for those fried apple pies. ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ comments, so share your thoughts or questions with us, pretty please with sugar on top.